What we do
Silicon Valley's monopoly on the start-up market is a thing of the past. We know there's great talent to be found everywhere, that's why we've made it our mission to find it and bring the opportunity to start their own company to them.
At Demium we create start-ups from scratch, enabling local entrepreneurs to create valuable and lasting companies. Individuals get support from us throughout their journey, from finding a co-founder to developing an idea into a verified business model and helping to secure seed investment.
Next to incubating start-ups, Demium is in the process of launching several funds over the next few years that will look to invest in our start-ups. We will invest opportunistically in a wide array of start-ups, with a tech focus covering broad swathes of the ecosystem, including AI, travel tech, digital health, fin tech, HR tech, industrial tech, insur tech, prop tech, etc.
To support the further development of our Corporate Development department, we are currently looking for a VP of Corporate Development.
Amongst others your responsibilities will be:
- Analyse and identify potential target opportunities and prepare project proposals.
- Develop pitches, presentations, information memoranda, term sheets and all documentation needed for investment decisions.
- Provide strategic direction in corporate fundraising; explore different geographies and advice on specific investment vehicles.
- Develop and manage the team.
- Build relationships with key players in the relevant deal market including UHNWI, family offices, institutional investors (including fund of funds, pension funds, etc.) and public institutional investors (development banks, governmental funds, etc.)
- Prepare the financial investment case for prospective targets for both top management and board for them to consider potential transactions.
- Manage the financial part of the deal transaction with support of the Corporate / Business Finance team, including working with 3rd party advisors during the due diligence process and during negotiations
This position is made for you if:
- You aren't tired yet of reading what we want you to achieve.
- You are a passionate and self-motivated person who would thrive in a collaborative competitive environment.
- If you are solutions oriented and are able to give 100% without anyone chasing you.
- You have 5-8 years of experience of working for a leading institution in investment banking, asset management, private equity or venture capital.
- You have excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including experience in building financial models and valuing companies.
- You are a structured individual with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to think holistically to see the big picture.
- Have a proven track record in corporate development, fundraising, finance and deal modelling / structuring.
- Have the ability to work across all organisational levels, functions and in a multicultural environment.
- Are able to work independently and take leadership; strong work ethic.
Demium Startups SL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship and other legally protected characteristics.